Did you listen to our Washington DC show yesterday?
Here is some information on our special guests and the recommendations made on that show.
- Chris Stewart, McKay Trophy Award Winner, New York Times Bestselling Author, Business Owner and Congressional Runner
- Rob Bishop, 8-year National House Representative
- National Cherry Blossom Festival 100 YearAnniversary (March 20 – April 27) Communications Manager, Danielle Piacente
Places To Go and Things To Do
- Attend the 100 Year Anniversary celebration of the National Cherry Blossom Festival (March 20 – April 27, 2012)
- Take a walking tour of the National Mall Downtown and Memorial Parks. Bring water. It’s about 4 miles round trip.
- Holocaust Museum
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. You’ll find Chris Stewart’s Mackay Trophy award there!
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- House of Congress
- Take in an event a the Kennedy Center
- Take in the food and multinational flavor of Georgetown
- learn about the Japanese Internment Camp Victims by visiting the memorial (recommended by Representative Bishop)
- George Mason Memorial (recommended by Rep. Bishop)
- Folger Shakespeare Library (Rep. Bishop recommends a tour of the herb garden.)
- Attend a Wolf Trap concert
- Hike at Great Falls Park (Rep. Bishop recommends the spring and fall seasons)
And a little off the beaten path
- Eric’s favorite place! Mt. Vernon
- Old Town Alexandria
- Yorktown and Jamestown
- Williamsburg, a favorite of the Dowdle’s
- Arlington National Cemetery with special mention of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier which was one of Eric’s favorite places.
Places to Eat
- Chris Stewart recommends that you eat at Smokey Joes, “just north of the Capitol Building” Can anyone find that for me?
- Hunon Dynasty, Chinese Food (Pennsylvania)
- Cafe Berlin, German Food
Washington DC has so many wonderful places to eat! What’s your favorite?
Leave a comment and tell us!
This gallery contains 2 photos.